Colin Browning – Technologically Generous
In this episode of The Millionaire’s Lawyer, JP and Colin Browning discuss:
Backing things up on to a USB every so often is a great idea
Major technological failings in corporations are:
- Have never invested in anything technological
- Are unaware of who has access to what digital asset
- Understanding what a back up is, and how important they are
- Having a technology Disaster Recovery plan should be essential to every company.
Monstrous task to get everything back if you don’t have things backed up; with a chance of losing everything.
Threats are not as imminent as the marketing makes you feel; you’re not that interesting to hackers yet.
Hackers are generally going for resources
Best advice for preventative measures:
- Be as secure as you can afford
- Invest in user training
- Online password managers
Sandra Estoks Episode – If you would like to check out what JP is referencing!
“Hijacked” – Actively locked down
- Make sure you have adequate documentation
- Modern Firewall
- Modern viruses are not fight-able, have a back up so that if you get any you can reset everything and back up.
Future of tech businesses post COVID-19
- A lot of people will have learned more about technology and how to use it
- People will realise that AI will one day be able to replace their job
- Quite far ahead
- Giving power over to AI would allow us to do more of what we want
- “AI Collective”
- More good is created then negative
Kids and tech is like gambling
The Internet here in Canada sucks due to us being the second-largest landmass.
Principals to Launch a Business:
- Know what you are good at
- Don’t go big, borrow if you don’t have to, or lose sight of your goal
- Take a step back if needed
Learning lessons for past failures:
- Hire out people who are better than you at your weaknesses
- Communicate to your peers
- Reflect on both the positive and the negative; it will allow you to grow and develop both as a person and a business owner
Learn to relax
Cut out the negative
Personal development is huge
Be aware of where things are coming from – a positive or negative source
80% noisy clients, take up a lot of your time, 20% quite customers that can at least make your baseline
Do the obvious
Find time for yourself.
From this episode of The Millionaires Lawyer with Colin Browning:
- Back-up your driver’s
- System reports “Failed Back-Up” even if it was just 1 (one) file
- Be aware of who has access to what accounts and what knowledge