John Meharg – The Business Incubator for You!
In this episode of The Millionaire’s Lawyer, JP and John Meharg discuss:
John enjoys working with people who are like-minded in regard to wealth creation, prosperity, and growth.
The next generation is going to have to step in and help mold the New Industrial Age
John saw a need for a junior chamber in Ottawa
Community building is a great thing for people to invest in, the investors are glad to see the changes being made, and it has an impact on not only you!
Ottawa twins Toronto in the sense that we are able to have a good international reach due to us being the Nations Capital
Having a direct impact on the community is rewarding in more ways than financially
- Financially boosts start-ups
- Creates jobs within the community
- North Dundas was for sale, but Amour Delevoloments makes it a 2.0 version and is now worth a lot more
- Brings in new investors and companies to the small towns
- Support for all new businesses with Space Use, Business Strategy Consulting, Profit Growth Strategies
The biggest missing links for Start-Up businesses are:
- Investor Relations
- Profit Growth Experts
When startups are looking to get financing, they need to be able to demonstrate accelerated growth
When taking an investment, take the loan with respect and consideration; they are wanting the best for you and may even recommend where they think the money should go.
Having a Legal team is really important (and no, not just because we are lawyers! Haha!)
- Legal framework for a lot of back and forth
- Protection is essential
- Development cant take place without the right structure
- They even help structure you for success! They are aware the end goal is to sell a profitable functioning company.
Needed to Accelerate the company:
- Pooling of financials
- Moving funds when needed
- Virtual Franchise Model (so you can reach everywhere, even internationally!)
John Mehargs Recommended Use of Technology:
- Assemble what good programs are already out there
- Social media for awareness and a way to contact
- Data gathering
Avoid Drama at all costs, most of the time people want to go home at the end of the day to their family
Some of the best businesses are not financially motivated; just for the betterment of the community or individuals
The Human Potential Industry is showing positive feedback for business success.
John Meharg feels like COVID has brought a lot of peoples attention to home and their families, and feels like a lot of people will be re-prioritizing work afterward.
- Accelerates venture capital for start-ups
- Funds and Foundations
- How do funds work?
- What do foundations do? how do they work?
- First People Fund
- First Nations
- Bridge between
From this episode of The Millionaires Lawyer with Kristen Godwin-Stewart:
- Business Incubators
- Community Building
- Ottawa is similar to Toronto in regard to the international reach we have due to its being the countries Capital.
- Accelerated Growth
Connect with John Meharg: