Liv Boeree – Science Communicator and Poker Champion
In this episode JP and Liv Boeree discuss:
- Was this a Black Swan? There have been multiple predictions.
- Leaders should now relies that there is a possibility of future risk
- Other events that are happening:
- Unfriendly AI
- Synthetic Biology
- Tale risks:
- Climate Change
- Nuclear War
- Be aware of the projections
- Do your research .
- This is the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression
- Boarders are now becoming more relevant
- Possible changes as a consequence:
- Harder to justify travel
- Conferences may be a thing of the past, why spend 30k for a booth when you can do e-conferences.
- People have seen the benefit of e-meetings
- Employees will push to work from home more
- Economy dies if people die, but people will also die if the economy
- Is the stock market a good predictor?
- Level of adoption of new systems and ways is high, even 91 year olds are on ZOOM!
- When to favour intuition:
- Life or death
- Low steak stuff
- Really really regular things
- When not to favour intuition:
- Major life or death
- Your intuition will be bias
- Businesses should take everything into consideration
- Have your data
- People will benefit from making predictions.
- Make probability sexy!
- Women should keep in mind
- Never been a better time to be an entrepreneur
- Be aware that people will go to you because you are a female, but don’t let that get you down, use it you your advantage
- Keep in mind
- Try a few different things before you settle
- Set specific goals for yourself, set predictions
- Think about what would achieve goodness in the world, be helpful and be valuable
- Set yourself apart from the rest and people will want to help!
- Navigate your own path
- Use this time to decompress! Your normal life is all on hold, enjoy it!
- Unique time right now, world is at a halt
- So much you can learn right now
- Do your research
- Gather data
- Do not always trust your intuition.