Lori Lyons – Off the Cuff Marketing!
In this episode JP and Lori Discuss:
- Plan for the year
- Break it down by month
- Plan to be spontaneous
- Who is your ideal client?
- Target Market
- Your target Market can change
- Identify where your clients are or social media
- LinkedIn is more corporate, Instagram is more youthful, Facebook is more family.
- “Free” is not free. It costs your your time, and energy
- You don’ have to be on all the platforms
- Have a plan to capture your audience and drive them to your website
- Add people to your email list
- Continue to provide value in your email blasts
- Rince and Repeat, do not beat the same facts till people dont care, change it up, then revisit
- Blogging is extremly relevent now
- Show your active online!
- Talk in your customers language
- Be ADA complacent
- Google changes their algorithm to allow small businesses to rank higher in the search’s
- Keep it FRESH
- The About Page is the second most viewed page on websites – people want to know who they are supporting
- Most successfull businesses will admit when they need help
- Connection is KEY
- Podcasts are exploding in the market- they are the new form of Blogging
- Get out of the “emplyer Employee” state of mind
- Technology is not scary, it is super helpful!
- Plan your marketing
- Plan where you are going
- People think it is “off the cuff” marketing, but it isn’t, it is thought through!
- “Editorial Calendar”
- Save your pictures! You don’t have to post right away, and they could come in handy down the road!