Maye Musk – A Woman Makes A Plan
In this episode of The Millionaire’s Lawyer, JP McAvoy and Maye Musk discuss:
- Maye’s new book A Woman Makes A Plan and the wealth of knowledge and expertise that comes from a life well lived.
- Throught the book, Maye shares life lessons for business success and happiness that will leave you smiling and brighten your day.
- Raising brillian children came naturally to Maye Musk. For instance, since Elon Musk and Kimbal Musk and Tosca Musk are creative and passionate about their businesses it was only natural to encourage them to pursue their passions.
- Everyone in the Musk family was business minded and they had family business meetings every week and were very joyous about being able to share in each of their successes and failures. Ultimately, this lead to even greater business success which continues to this day.
- Feeling confident in interviews and presentations is important. Maye talks about how you can dress and present for success.
- The harder you work, the luckier you are. It is important to be lucky, although luck comes to those who work hardest for it.
- Want to learn more about the business structure before starting your own
- Persistence may even help give you tips and tricks on how to find success
- Mix with good people who are nice and you will be a better person for it. Indeed, you and all those around you will be better. It is a universal truth that good people attract each other and Maye has always naturally attracted good people. Of course, this is a wonderful trait that Maye has passed along to her children Elon, Kimbal and Tosca.
- Reach out to the person who is standing there alone, see if they are waiting for someone or would like to join you, it is a great way to build a connection. To that end, Maye tells a warm story about how she befriended a lonely Miss Universe. Upon seeing Miss Universe standing alone, Maye approached her to make her feel more comfortable. It is a beautiful quality that kind people possess and it makes them welcome wherever they want to go whenever they want to go.
- Change is scary, but sometimes it is needed. If you make a plan, follow through with it. Even if it is a difficult plan, if it is worth doing it is worth doing well.
- Being joyful and generous shines through; people always notice. If you are this type of person, you will attract other like minded people.
- Make good people friends, and tell those who are negative to stay away since they will bring everyone down with them. Spend time with postive people and you be similarly rewarded with positiveness.
- You cannot judge people from afar. Take some time to get to know the people that are dearest to you. You will be impressed with how wonderful they are too as it is no coincidence that you are attracted to them in the first place.
- Make a plan and follow through, good things will happen if you do. If you need to alter your plans mid-way, do not be afraid to change your plan. Some of the best laid business plans have needed to be changed numerous times. Work with those you trust and put the best plan you can into place. If it is a good business plan and you work hard at it then there is a very good chance that you will be successful if you are willin to put the work in. Good business plans are those that adapt and change depending upon current market conditions and what the marketplace is telling you.
- Live for what you CAN do. If it is worth living for, it is worth living for well.
- One thing that Maye Musk, along with her children Elon Musk and Kimbal Musk and Tosca Musk all have in common is that they are willing to work hard for something that they believe in. Each of Elon, Kimbal and Tosca believe that the businesses they ar building are going to change the world in a positive way. Indeed, each of Elon’s and Kimbal’s and Tosca’s companies have changed the world in a positive way. It isn’t always easy, especially when your busines is taking on the fossil fuel industry.
- Everyone has Peaks and Valleys, crawl on your hands and knees to get out if you have to, it will be worth it; nothing comes easy.
- Even lessons in the tough times are valuable lessons to learn. Lifelong learning is essential for lifelong success.
- No one wants to talk about the tough times, but they are there. It’s important to remember that everyone goes through tough times. Even if people aren’t talking about it, it is very likely that they have also gone through some tough times in their life.
- Work hard, eat right and be grateful for the things that you have. By following these principles you will invite good things into your life.
- Toxic relationships are never good, make a plan to get yourself out! If you have someone in your life that isn’t good for you, don’t be afraid to make a change. It is your life and your business, expect the best for each of them and you may be happy with how they turn out.
- Take time to celebrate with family and friends. Celebrate the successes and be there for each other in good times and bad.
- A Woman Makes A Plan and all those around her are better for it! Looking forward to celebrating Maye’s 75th birthday bash in style..she will be sure to be celebrating as she always does with her wonderful family, friends and now her grandchildren too!
- Working hard pays off
- Take chances
- It is okay to eat on a budget
- Good health helps maintain success
- After COVID-19 people may fear connection again.